We are looking for a driven Data Analyst Intern to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our passionate Battery Intelligence team based in Stockholm. By joining us, you will be a key player in ramping up our advanced battery insights services and contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the job
In this role, you will be a hands-on, creative problem-solver that uses data for deep analysis and support Northvolt Systems & our customers using data and (interactive) visualization tools.
You will get to own your work packages and have the ability to bring your own ideas to the table.
Your contribution will allow us to better deliver relevant insights about battery performance and life to our customers and internal data users.
About the team
You will be embedded in a team of Data Scientists and collaborate with teams across Northvolt to help us get the most from our data.
Our team's goal is to use the data we collect across Northvolt and from our battery systems in the field to generate added-value insights about battery performance and life.
We analyze large time series datasets to estimate battery aging remotely, predict aging into the future and analyze relationships and influencing factors between battery usage and aging.
Our goal is to help our customers understand their battery systems better and provide actionable recommendations for improved battery performance.
The person we are looking for is flexible, curios and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Part time (2 days/week), internship employment, fixed salary, 6 months contract
- Curiosity and a practical, analytical mindset with the goal to solve problems
- (Basic) knowledge in writing SQL queries to analyze small and large datasets
- (Basic) knowledge in importing and wrangling data in Python Pandas (databases, csv and xlsx files)
- (Basic) knowledge in exploratory data analysis (EDA) using python visualization libraries (matplotlib, plotly, seaborn etc)
- Excellent ability to structure insights and support recommendations with logical arguments and data
- Excellent communication skills in English with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders from all levels of the organization
- Degree (or currently pursuing advanced degree) in a technical or engineering discipline with quantitative orientation (mechanical, electrical, industrial, software engineering)
- Experience producing data-driven technical analysis
- Experience working with and building dashboards in data visualizations tools (eg: Looker, Power BI, Tableau, Quicksight, Qlik)
- Domain knowledge/expertise in batteries, electrical engineering, energy systems or digital products
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.