Have an appetite for more?
Join a leading global bakery group powered by ambitious people that are truly passionate about delivering the best in everything they do.
With business in mind and people at heart we always work together to influence our road ahead. We want you to be part of our growth journey and of a great, global family.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Outer Packing Supervisor to join our Lantmännen Unibake team at our office in Bedford<Insert intriguing text, the teaser, to get the candidates wanting to read more. This should include short sentences, questions about what main experience the role requires and some of what we can offer as an employer. This should not exceed 500 characters, in some external job boards this text limit is even less.>
This is what you will do
<This section is not written as bullet points but as body text. This text should explain the role and the main tasks it requires, which team or department the individual will work with and the day to day tasks. Try to keep this short and consisted. Try to keep the sentences short; it is better to divide them up into more sentences than to write long ones including all work tasks.>**
Primary areas of responsibility: **
[List with bullet points all the primary areas of responsibility, reported in the competency-based job description template.]
Main Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Shift Manager you will be responsible for the performance of the outer packing lines, motivating and developing your team to maximise performance, exceed business KPI’s and minimise waste.
· Ensure that all production is manufactured in accordance with the Health and Safety, Quality and Food Safety standards as specified in relevant site procedures and highlight any non conformances to the relevant Manager
· Ensure products and packaging are according to standards and specification
· To lead staff by example and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Lantmannen Unibake values
· To maintain a safe work environment and ensure team compliance with H&S standards by actively participating in safety walks, ensuring staff are wearing all PPE, completion of pre-startup checklists and reporting any observed safety issues appropriately
· To ensure all machine guarding is in place and lock off procedure adhered to at all times
· Ensure Production Operatives work in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures
· Managing breaks (from leaving shop floor until back on shop floor)
· Do handovers at the shop floor with SV/TL on next shift
· Complete 5S audits, and ensure 5S standard is met and the board is up to date
· Make sure paperwork in the area is completed, verified and signed according to expectations
· Take part in production meetings, line meetings and investigations when issues occur.
· Liaise with the Engineering team regarding machine breakdowns, planned preventative maintenance and machine downtimes.
· Liaise with the Hygiene team regarding planned deep cleaning and machine downtimes.
· Ensure Production Operatives work in accordance with Hygiene procedures including ‘Clean as you go’ and colour coded equipment
· Communicate to goods in well ahead when more raw materials or packaging materials are needed
· Be aware of all hazards, risks and controls associated with your areas of responsibility and work with the Health and Safety team to ensure the safety of employees, and that equipment is fit for purpose
· Liaise with the Health and Safety team to Conduct Risk Assessments on new machinery and processes or concerning employees
· Support Health and Safety with accident investigations
· Support the Technical team with investigating non conformances and customer complaints
· Conduct regular team briefings to ensure your team are aware of key company messages and initiatives
· To operate in accordance with quality and customer specifications, ensuring that all CCP checks are carried out and process paperwork completed accordingly
· To be available for training activities and support with the multi-skilling of team operatives
· To support with creating a positive work environment through the encouragement, support and development of team
· Allocate and manage breaks
· Overseeing machine changeovers and making machine adjustments within remit and in strict adherence with lock off procedures
· Fostering cross functional team work, specifically in regards to participation in LEAN projects and self development
· Provide support with accident investigations
· To carry out any other duties which may reasonably be expected/requested including supporting operations as required
Job Environment & working hours
· Factory based – duties to include manual handling and repetitive tasks
· Continental shift pattern – 12 hour shifts
· Flexibility is required in this role due the 24/7 operations at Lantmannen Unibake UK Ltd
Key Performance Measures/Indicators
· To achieve planned outputs within the required cost, quality and safety standards
· Accurate completion of shift process control paperwork
· Reduction in Non conformances – internal and external
· Short Interval Control boards are kept up to date and data is added hourly
· Minimised waste
· Completion of successful audits
· Good working relationships
Education & Qualifications
· Educated to a good standard of general education
· Level 2 CIEH Food Hygiene certificate (Level 3 advantageous)
· IOSH Managing Safely
· First Aid/Fire Warden certificate desirable
· Conducts oneself in line with Code of Conduct and LUUK Values
· Must have previous experience of supervising small teams in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the food industry
· Must have adaptable communication skills and experience of working within a diverse multi-cultural team
· Knowledge of machine processes, production operations and paperwork processes, and quality standards within a food manufacturing facility
· The ability to delegate tasks and share knowledge/learning to enhance your teams performance
· The ability to liaise with people at all levels and to ensure delivery of work on time and to schedule
· Target orientated with ability to solve problems and make decisions within an agreed range of options referring to Management where necessary
· Understanding of the principles that support Continuous Improvement and LEAN manufacturing techniques
· Ability to carry out specific tasks with minimum of supervision
· Effective time management with the ability to work in a positive manner under pressure and without jeopardising people safety or product quality
· Proven planning and organisation skills with good attention to detail
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers during visits, audits etc
· Understanding of Health & Safety and basic employment law
· High safety, quality and customer focus
· The ability to follow instructions
· Strong communication skills with the ability to positively
influence behaviours on the shop floor
· Highly motivated team player
Lantmännen Unibake is a leading global bakery company within the Lantmännen Group. With expertise in bakery products for food service and retail, we serve consumers around the clock and across the world every day. The aim is to make bread and pastry a profitable business for our customers through tasty, high-quality products and innovative solutions and based on a sustainable mind-set and excellent food safety standards. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Lantmännen Unibake operates modern bakeries around the world and has sales in more than 60 countries. The brand portfolio comprises a range of well-established B2B and BtC brands e.g. Schulstad Bakery Solutions, Schulstad, Bonjour, Vaasan, Pastridor and Hatting. Lantmännen Unibake has a turnover of EUR 1.1 billion and employs more than 6,000 people in 20+ countries. Appetite for more? Visit us at www.lantmannen-unibake.com
plupp5 reasons you'll be glad you chose us
#1It goes right. Right from the start. New people start at Lantmännen Unibake every day. We’re used to creating the right beginning, right from day one. We’re ready for you.
#2Baking is a people business. Lantmännen Unibake has flour on its hands and people at its heart. The whole process of making everyday products takes team work, open-ness and mutual respect.
#3It's a group thing. Working for a global business is different. You feel connected to something bigger. Your team has a higher purpose. Ripples turn into waves.
#4It's about baking the future. We are taking baking further. Not just geographically but in terms of innovation. We have a proud heritage but we want to explore new products, markets and opportunities.
#5Diversity is a reality. Not an ambition. Not only are we global, we hire a multitude of nationalities. At the moment, your future colleagues come from more than 40 countries.
#1Es funktioniert. Gleich von Anfang an. Bei Lantmännen Unibake beginnen täglich neue Menschen. Wir sind es gewohnt, gleich vom ersten Tag an den richtigen Start zu schaffen. Werden Sie Teil unserer globalen Familie.
#2Backen ist eines der ältesten Handwerke der Menschheit, von Menschen für Menschen. Wir bei Lantmännen Unibake haben Mehl an den Händen und Leidenschaft im Herzen. Der gesamte Prozess der Herstellung von Produkten des täglichen Bedarfs erfordert Teamarbeit, Offenheit und gegenseitigen Respekt.
#3Es ist eine Sache der Gemeinschaft. Für ein globales Unternehmen zu arbeiten, ist etwas Besonderes. Man fühlt sich mit etwas Größerem verbunden. Dein Team hat ein höheres Ziel. Kleine Taten erzielen eine große Wirkung.
#4Wir backen die Zukunft. Wir bringen das Backen weiter voran. Nicht nur im geografischen, sondern auch im innovativen Sinne. Wir sind stolz, dass wir Teil einer Geschichte sind, die so alt ist wie die Menschheit selbst. Unsere Traditionen verbinden wir mit den Lifestyle-Trends von heute und erkunden kontinuierlich neue Produkte, Märkte und Möglichke
#5Vielfalt ist bei uns Realität. Kein Ziel. Wir sind nicht nur global, sondern auch multikulturell. Wir haben alle unsere eigene Geschichte, Fähigkeiten und Erfahrungen - wir sind alle einzigartig, wir arbeiten alle zusammen – derzeit kommen Ihre zukünftigen Kollegen aus mehr als 40 Ländern.
#1Stabiilne sissetulek ja boonus
#2Väljaõpe ja täiendkoolitused kohapeal
#5Lisapuhkus ning ettevõttesisesed hüved ja toetused
#1Töö rahvusvahelises organisatsioonis
#4Investeerime töötajate heaolusse ja arengusse
#5Lisapuhkus ning ettevõttesisesed hüved ja soodustused
#1Стабильный доход и бонусы
#2Обучение и повышение квалификации на месте
#3Возможность карьерного роста на предприятии
#5Дополнительный отпуск, а также льготы и пособия для работников предприятия
#1creating results together
#2international career opportunities from field to fork
#3proud of our heritage, aiming for the global growth
#4focus on innovation & sustainability
#1Rezultatus kuriame kartu
#2Suteikiame tarptautinės karjeros galimybes nuo lauko iki stalo
#3Skiriame didelį dėmesį naujovėms ir tvarumui
#4Didžiuojamės mūsų paveldu, siekiame pasaulinio augimo