We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer
based in Zurich or Geneva
The Insights & Data practice is focused on creating cutting-edge machine learning and AI solutions that run on top of reliable, scalable, and high-performing data platforms. Insights & Data is a global business line within Capgemini that consists of 23,000 experts worldwide. Our services include the design, build and deployment of data & AI platforms, data science and business intelligence projects, in addition to the deployment of cutting-edge industry specific machine learning and AI solutions. We cover all industries and work hand in hand with all other practices to deliver end to end Data & AI transformation to our clients.
On our teams, everyone counts – and we want your unique way of thinking.
You bring the talent, and we’ll provide the rest!
- Sharp and focused?
- Interested in working with technology to better business?
- An excellent communicator with a natural talent for negotiation?
- Positive, creative, with a can-do attitude?
- Flexible, open-minded, not afraid to take charge?
- Highly collaborative yet results oriented?
- Eager to learn and develop in a multicultural environment?
What you can expect from us.
You will be leading data-engineering projects or the data engineering team within projects. As a leading member of a project team, you will need to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies. You will deal with complex, interrelated applications and systems being designed for today's data platforms and will work with rapidly evolving technologies and internal/external stakeholders to analyze and define unique and innovative solutions for achieving strategic business goals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with our clients and demonstrating individual functional and professional knowledge to ensure that the work products are of the highest quality
- Being a key contributor in preparing and making data available in a safe and secure manner, for multiple usages and purposes – reporting, analytics and/or applications
- Managing, building and optimizing modern data architectures based on cloud platform
- Capturing the expectations from business and technical stakeholders, document the use cases, functionalities (features/User stories) in an agile context
- Designing and implementing data pipelines for data ingestion and data transformation across streaming and batch data flows
- Developing data models and architectures Convert data into relevant datamarts
- Ensuring pipeline deliver to the agreed data model, overseeing the reconciliation hands-on and accuracy of the data
- Developing insights by means of data analytics and clear interpretations using data governance and data quality processes
- Sharing actively product and functional knowledge within the team
- Demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities across CDC and non-CDC sources and relevant AWS/Azure tech-stacks
What we expect from you.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in requirements engineering, solution architecture, design, development and deployment in a combination of relevant Data and Analytics areas
- Deep understanding of cloud ecosystems, databases, ETL/ELT and analytical technologies
- Strong competencies in Azure (especially ADF), GCPAWS related technologies (eg. S3, RDS, Aurora, Redshift, Data Lake Gen2, Databricks, Data Factory…)
- Solid knowledge in Python, SQL, Spark, Scala are expected
- Knowledge of BI solutions and reporting tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Knowledge of MDM designs and methodologies (Informatica, Talend, etc.)
- Experience in designing and developing high-volume transactional data integration solutions as well as migration and transformation projects to the cloud is a plus
- Experience in software engineering (e.g. GIT, CI/CD, …) and DevOps is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively across internal (including offshore teams) and external organizations
- Proven track record to build rapport with stakeholders and clients
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate through PowerPoint presentations and excel narratives
- Strong technical team leadership skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Fluency in English and French or German
Interested? We should talk!
Starting date: Immediately
Location: Geneva or Zurich