Sword Technologies is seeking to recruit a high caliber, energetic individual to join our Software Development team, being based in Athens as an Agile Delivery Manager. The successful candidate will work in a multinational environment on a multitude of tasks supporting our core business in large International Information Systems. The company is currently expanding its activities in Greece, offering an optimum career advancement opportunity for the successful candidate who should combine a relevant educational and professional background, with enthusiasm and eagerness.
What you will do...
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the agile delivery methodology and delivery teams;
- Understands the software development lifecycle and promotes CI / CD;
- Acts as a Scrum Master for Delivery teams facilitating all scrum ceremonies across all delivery teams;
- Facilitates all planning of the agile delivery teams to get all deliverables on time;
- Understands estimation processes and provides insights to the estimates of the project team;
- Ensures that delivery teams are appropriately resourced to deliver based on their needs;
- Works closely with the product owners to keep the backlog tidy and smoothly feed the delivery teams with work;
- Maintains the documentation of the deliverables across all delivery teams;
- Identifies and solves issues / impediments, escalating in advance to supervisor and / or Head of Architecture and Delivery where necessary;
- Identifies risks and mitigates them, escalating in advance to supervisor and / or Head of Architecture and Delivery where necessary;
- Protects the delivery teams putting people before process and ensure that energy is channelled to value;
- Maintains a pragmatic approach always leading the delivery teams to successful completion of tasks;
- Proposing ways to improve all aspects of project management;
- Cooperates with other colleagues on issues and processed that require cross functional cooperation;
- Participates in projects as a team member or leads projects as an accountable owner, contributing time, skills and knowledge;
- Works as the contact point for all project work picked up by the delivery teams that he leads.
What is your experience...
- Minimum 4 years' proven track record of project management using agile methodologies;
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire the project team and stakeholders at all levels;
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills in Greek and English;
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, SaFE);
- Risk Management techniques combined with strong planning and organizing skills;
- Understanding of the payment industry business and software industry terms;
- Excellent use of all MS office software as well JIRA and Confluence;
- Previous experience in software development either in a role of business analyst, developer, quality assurance.
Experience in the following will be considered an asset:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field;
- Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Ability to learn fast and work with minimum supervision;
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of responsibility;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactively manage tasks and projects to agreed deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively & efficiently with various diverse work teams (Development, Testing, and Project Management).
What we offer to you…
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Meal voucher card;
- Private medical plan;
- Private pension plan;
- Shuttle Bus;
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies;
- Training & Development plan;
- Employee Recognition plan;
- Work in a certified “Diversity Charter” company;
- Teambuilding events;
- Social responsibility initiatives.
Applications must be in the English language