We are looking for a driven Adhesive Manufacturing Engineer to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our Northvolt Sytems Manufacturing Engineering team based in Stockholm, Sweden. By joining us, you will be a key player in developing and implementing our process engineering standards and contribute to our role in achieving a carbon free society.
About the job:
The role of a Adhesive Manufacturing Engineer within adhesive technologies, specifically with sealants, thermal insulator materials (TIM), is to take responsibility for identifying and defining the product, process, equipment and process validation related activities within the technology roadmaps that lead to new or improved adhesive technologies supporting the battery systems product portfolio and the next generation shift in manufacturing technologies.
- Develop and optimize new and existing manufacturing adhesive, sealant, thermal paste dispensing (1k and 2K components), spraying, bonding and film dispensing (coated tapes, tape wrapping) processes to ensure successful launch and integration of new products
- Carrying out studies about various adhesive and composite materials to select, test and introduce proper sealing, adhesive, TIM materials into our production processes
- Characterize existing processes by defining critical process parameters, establish required process controls and process validation plans to fulfill targeted Machine and Process Capabilities (cm, cmk, cp, cpk, pp, ppk), First Pass Yield (FPY), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and Scrap level
- Lead and participate in equipment and process design reviews with equipment suppliers to integrate state of the art fastening technologies into our manufacturing processes
- Provide guidance and technical direction to the dispensing engineering team
Skills & Requirements
We believe that you have:
- Fluent English with strong communication skills
- MSc in e.g. Mechanical/Material Science Engineering, Chemical Technology/Engineering
- Minimum 5 years work experience in carrying material studies, equipment process control, lean standards, process development in prototype and production environment
- Knowledge of six-sigma (green or black belt), 8D, Etc. and process experience
- Experience with product and processes from prototype through production in a high volume and high pace environment ideally in the Battery, Electronics Semiconductor production, Automotive industries
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Project Management
- Additional experience on one of the following processes: surface treatment (plasma and laser), heat staking, tightening process
- Experience from a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in CAD 2D/3D
- Stable employment conditions – employment contract (indefinite after 6 months)
- Private medical care in LUX MED – extended package with a freedom of treatment (partial refunding of invoices) for the employee fully paid by the company
- MyBenefit System – monthly card top-ups, the possibility to purchase a Multisport card
- Paid trainings connected to the working position
- Clear career path, the possibility to switch departments
- Education co-funding
- English lessons
- Employee referral programme
- Financing of commuting by bicycle, direct bus from Gdańsk Główny to the factory
- Employee improvement programme with cash rewards
- Clean production space
- Christmas/holiday bonuses from Employee Benefit Fund (ZFŚS)
- The possibility to work paid overtime
- Co-financing of sports activities and integration budget
- The possibility to invest in Northvolt group’s shares
- Fruits and coffee
- Relocation bonus
- Work in an international environment
About the company
Northvolt is a European supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. Founded in 2016 to enable the European transition to a decarbonized future, Northvolt has made swift progress on its mission to deliver the world’s greenest lithium-ion battery with a minimal CO2 footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling. Among Northvolt industrial partners and customers are ABB, BMW Group, Scania, Siemens, Vattenfall, Vestas and the Volkswagen Group.
Northvolt Ett is a next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, the gigafactory will be one of the largest battery cell factory in Europe and produce at least 32 GWh of capacity annually.
Alongside Northvolt Ett, Northvolt is also establishing a manufacturing site for battery systems in Gdansk, Poland. This facility, Northvolt Battery Systems Jeden, will industrialize and produce world leading battery systems in order to meet the increased demand for complete battery solutions on the European market. The factory is a highly automated, state-of-the-art production facility for battery modules and energy storage solutions.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a dynamic environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs in Västerås, as well as Northvolt Battery Systems Jeden, in Gdansk, for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced manufacturing experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a real difference. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!