Sword Services Greece is seeking to recruit energetic individuals to join our international team in Malta as Application Solution Architect. The successful candidates will work in a multicultural environment supporting our core business in large Information Systems for the European Commission.
What you will do...
The individual is expected to contribute to the analysis, design, development, documentation, unit testing, and maintenance of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence related artifacts of an EU Organization.
- Gather and assist with the business requirements process, identifying and mapping relevant data sources;
- Support in the definition of policies, procedures, metadata, standards, and templates of the overall data governance landscape;
- Participation in meetings with the project and data teams;
- Work with data providers to fill data gaps and/or to adjust source-system data structures to facilitate analysis and integration processes on the overall data ecosystem;
- Design, develop, document, and maintain data architecture, data modeling, data collection, and transformation processes;
- Design, develop, document, and maintain the data collection and transformation processes;
- Design, develop, document, and maintain BI models, reports, dashboards, security, governance, and automation;
- Design, develop, document, and maintain ETL/ELT, integration, data cleaning, analysis, and automation processes;
- Design, develop, document, maintain and ensure data quality, validation, and data lineage;
- Design, develop, document, improve and maintain the Data Warehouse ecosystem (e.g. the DataDevOps lifecycle, architecture);
- Participation in meetings with the project and data teams.
What is your experience...
- Azure Data Platforms (such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure SQL Server, ADLS, Azure Databricks, Power BI, and Azure Cognitive Services);
- Databricks, Apache Spark, and Python Pandas
Software development and/or data processing using Python, SQL, Power M, and DAX;
- Structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data types and related file format (e.g. Parquet, Delta);
- Data governance and data management standards, policies, processes, metadata, quality, etc;
- Gathering business requirements and transforming them in data collection and integration processes;
- Advanced data analysis and data visualization concepts and techniques;
- Creating reports, visualizations, and dashboards using business intelligence tools using Power BI;
- Advanced Power BI Online Services and best governance practices;
- Data Lakes and Data Lakehouse architecture, concepts, and governance;
- Master data and reference data management;
- Business glossaries, data dictionaries, and data catalogs;
- Data Integration and data warehouse modeling techniques , concepts, and methods (e.g. SCD, Functional Engineering, Data Vault, etc);
- Data Modelling principles and methods;
- DAMA Data Management best practices and standards.
Experience in the following will be considered an asset:
- WebAPIs and OpenAPI standard;
- Data Governance and Discovery tools such as Azure Purview;
- Natural Language Processing libraries and techniques;
- Enterprise Architecture software such as BizzDesign.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of responsibility;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactively manage own tasks and projects to agreed deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively & efficiently with various diverse work teams (Development, Testing, and Project Management).
Applications must be in the English language