The Guest Communication Copy Writer will provide clear, consistent communication pre-voyage
guest communication - both commercial and IROP. The role will work 50% Guest
Communication and 50% IROP/Guest Relations.
Academic and professional qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in journalism, marketing or communications
● 2+ years of experience in a communication role, preferably in the travel industry.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
● Fluency in written and verbal English is essential. Norwegian, German or French
languages are an advantage.
● Experience in formal or business communications.
● Experience in monitoring and evaluation of crisis communications.
● Demonstrated ability to find new creative communications angles.
● Experience in complex emergencies is an advantage
Key personal attributes
● Excellent multitasking and organisational skills.
● Flexible-need to handle fast pace and quick turnarounds
● Detail oriented and structured
● Deliver on HRG core values
● Customer Satisfaction Score pre-voyage and on board
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
● Initiate, produce, support and publish global communications including guest
communications, guest updates, on board communications and guest letters. Both
creative, engaging and formal writing must be mastered.
● Write copy based on master content from Brand and Content teams, but also make
adjustments based on metrics.
● Writing engaging guest communication for our email programs before and after their
sailing, with the intention to inspire, inform, educate and upsell. The work includes
adjusting of the communication based on analysis of the customer behaviour.
● Responsible for communications for use in irregular operation situations, create FAQs,
guest letters and guest communications in all professional languages (FR, EN, NO, DE)
so that our communication with guests is clear, consistent and correct.
● Act as a communications coordinator for Hurtigruten, including during irregular operations
and crisis relevant to the area of responsibility to protect Hurtigruten global reputation.
● Since the role will work closely with the crisis team, extraordinary effort might be
● Challenge the established ways of communicating to deliver a WOW customer
● Develop, implement and update communication templates.
● Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in
● Keep up-to date on global privacy laws and address any necessary adjustments with
relevant channels. Maintain awareness of email and mobile marketing trends. Maintain
awareness of competitive landscape and what level of communication guests come to
Play your part
Inspire the Adventure
Make tomorrow better
The undisputed global leader in sustainable inspirational adventure travel — a catalyst for change towards a greener travel industry. Formed in 1893, Hurtigruten Group is the world’s leading adventure travel group. We have 2,400+ employees worldwide, representing more than 50 nationalities. They form part of three main business units — Hurtigruten Expeditions, Hurtigruten Coastal Express, and Hurtigruten Svalbard — which offer unique small-ship and land-based adventures from pole-to-pole.
For almost 130 years we have pushed boundaries on expedition travel and sailed tourists, locals and cargo around the Norwegian coastline and polar regions. We have made Norway more connected, impacting the lives of millions of people. And we continue to share knowledge with our international guests about wildlife, local communities, science and the natural world.
As a Group, we are revolutionising the travel industry’s approach to sustainability through a number of vital initiatives to protect the world we explore.
Single-use plastic banHurtigruten was the first major travel company to have removed single-use plastic from its entire fleet and our hotels.
Hybrid Explorer shipsHurtigruten has two hybrid-electric powered expedition cruise ships that offer a 20% reduction of fuel consumption.
Beach cleanupsHurtigruten Expedition Teams encourage guests to take part in beach clean-ups, which results in several metric tonnes of trash every year being removed.
Hurtigruten FoundationThe Foundation specialises in the conservation of endangered species, fighting against marine and plastic pollution.
Abschaffung von EinwegplaHurtigruten war das erste große Reiseunternehmen, das Einwegplastik aus der gesamten Flotte und aus den Hotels verbannt hat.
Hybrid-ExpeditionsschiffeHurtigruten verfügt über zwei Expeditionsschiffe mit Hybrid-Elektroantrieb, mit denen der Treibstoffverbrauch um 20 % gesenkt werden kann.
StrandreinigungenDie Hurtigruten Expeditionsteams motivieren ihre Gäste, an Strandsäuberungen teilzunehmen, wodurch jedes Jahr mehrere Tonnen Müll beseitigt werden.
Hurtigruten FoundationDie Stiftung fördert Projekte, die sich für die Erhaltung bedrohter Arten sowie den Kampf gegen Meeresverschmutzung und Plastikmüll engagieren.
I korte trekkTOM
Forbud mot engangsplastHurtigruten Group er det første store reiseselskapet som fjernet engangsplast fra hele flåten og hotellene våre.
Hybride ekspedisjonsskipHurtigruten Group har to hybridelektriske ekspedisjonsskip som betyr 20 % redusert drivstofforbruk.
StrandryddingHurtigrutens ekspedisjonsteam oppfordrer gjestene til å delta i strandrydding, noe som resulterer i at flere tonn søppel blir fjernet hvert år.
Hurtigruten FoundationStiftelsen har fokus på bevaring av truede arter og bekjemper plast- og havforurensning.