The Koenigsegg R&D team is a small, agile hub of highly talented individuals, where the sum is greater than the parts. Koenigsegg is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class team operates with a non-conventional, ‘Lean Development’ philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate.
For this role we are looking for someone with a genuine passion for engineering the best vehicles in the world. You will be working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company, leading the way in the hypercar business. You’ll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
In this position you are responsible for the design and development of electric motor components and also manufacturing and test equipment. This can include all development phases from conceptual design to start of production. You will work in close collaboration with our electromagnetic designers, CAE and manufacturing engineers and support procurement, prototype, quality and electrical departments.
- Design electric motor components, manufacturing and test equipment
- 2D and 3D modeling (Catia 3DEXPERIENCE)
- Work closely with CAE and Manufacturing Engineering departments
- Support Procurement, Prototype and Production departments
- Organize and carry out tests to verify component function and requirement
- Give technical support leading to successful introduction into production
- Interact with suppliers and technology providers
Need to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Automotive or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent)
- R&D Experience in development and prototyping – (minimum 3 years) ideally with cutting edge technologies
- Design experience with CATIA V5/V6 (minimum 2 years)
- Experience with top-down design
- Design experience from the automotive, aerospace or racing/motorsport industry
- Work experience from working with FEA
- Work experience with PLM system
- Understanding of prototyping, production technologies, and validation procedures
- Experience with design for modern manufacturing methods
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Fluent in English
It is desirable if you have:
- Experience with electric motor or electronics equipment design
- Experience within rotor dynamics
- Experience with thermal calculations
- Experience within design of castings or injection molded parts
- Experience with 3DEXPERIENCE
Opportunity to impact a growing company
Work alongside world-class talent
Flexible work schedules + Culture of collaboration
Long track record of success and profitability
Engaging and sharing work environment
Quick decision making, flat hierarchy
Koenigsegg is most known for building some of the fastest cars in the world; with almost all of our megacar technologies that are patented and made in-house by our almost 500 world-class technicians, engineers, sourcing experts, production craftsmen, and communicators.
What we’ve created is a unique proving ground of engineering creativity that makes use of our breakthrough megacar development and legacy to push the boundaries of sustainable mobility technology.
So, what’s next?
We are on a universe-denting mission to develop the next generation of breakthrough tech and products. We are looking for outstanding, impactful, and authentic individuals to grow with us. Our ambitions are inspiring but will push the limits of what is possible – requiring one to work efficiently amid our cross-functional teams to execute at high-quality levels.
The goal is clear: innovate and transform.