Looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a self-profitable and globally recognized business? Planhat is looking for a Remote DevOps Engineer to join our fast-growing and innovative team!
Planhat is a SaaS-based Customer Success Management platform that helps subscription businesses to retain and grow the revenue stream from existing customers. Our platform helps customer success managers manage their renewals, reduce churn, understand product adoption, and drive business outcomes. We have a global presence with customers on all continents, and we pride ourselves as a sustainable and self-profitable company with annual growth of 150%-200%.
What are you going to do:
- Be responsible for ensuring the security, performance, and server management of our SaaS application.
- Reviewing the code from a security point of view, monitoring performance, and optimizing server management.
- Deliver scalable, highly available and secure infrastructure
- Deploy, automate, and manage production systems
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment
- Continuously improve the build and release process and support team members in automation
- Ensure efficient cloud infrastructure and maintain cloud costs.
- Work closely with development and testing teams to identify and resolve infrastructure issues as they arise
- Communicate with the wider team to ensure smooth production of software releases and deployments
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role or similar
- Experience with building and managing containerized environments using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies, e.g. AWS or Google Cloud
- Working knowledge of agile processes and methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English is out main language)
- We are looking for a team player who can work independently and with a collaborative mindset in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Previous startup experience
What we can give you:
- Remote-first work environment | Talent is blind to borders and so are we! Occasionally Hatters will travel to meet with teammates or clients, but it depends on the role.
- Planhat Adventures | We sponsor quarterly pop-up hubs around the globe for Hatters to gather to work and play together. Previous locations have included New York City, Colombia, Malibu, France, Greece, Georgia (the country!), and more.
- Flexible working hours | 3 factors impact when you work—customer/business needs, team working schedules, and personal preferences. We trust you to use your judgment and get your work done.
- Work-from-home setup | All employees receive a 13” Macbook Pro upon their start date with Planhat! Our Operations team will work with you to ensure you have any additional tools you need to work remotely with success.
- Flexible public holidays | We all celebrate different things in life— switch a public holiday for another day more aligned with who you are and what’s important to you.
- Paid parental leave | Up to 6 months, pending tenure with Planhat. As with all of our other policies, it’s gender-neutral. Also applicable to adoptive parents.
About the company
Planhat helps companies deal with their most important topic - to grow their NRR. Modern technology companies build their business on Planhat to make their customers more successful. A single platform for the entire company, from CS to Product to Operations, to collaborate on.
Our customers are active in in a wide range of verticals from SaaS to cybersecurity, life sciences, marketplace, consulting, decarbonization, dental equipment, and everyday trying to execute on their vision. They all partner with Planhat for their unique reasons, but with the common goal centered around becoming more data-driven and proactive with their customers. Our platform is like a lego set - assembled to each person's imagination and liking.
We were founded in Stockholm, Sweden, spent the first 6 years bootstrapped building the product, and are now a globally distributed team of 100+ people across Europe, the Americas, and APAC. We're also a remote-first company (and have been since inception), but think of it more like people-first: we hire the best people where they want and need to be. Read more at www.planhat.com.