Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Project Controller to join our bold and passionate project management team delivering our latest battery factory in Borlänge.
By joining us you will help drive our mission forward of creating a greener future and assist in the transformation to a carbon free society. In particular you will act as a key player in our Program Management Organisation as part of a project controls team contributing to delivery of a large-scale battery factory.
The Project Controller will play a key role within the PMO, managing and implementing the cost controls strategy for the factory through to the start of production. As the Project Controller you will develop and implement program level systems and methods for cost control, reporting, progress measurement and management of change. You will provide an overall view, consolidation and coordination of output from other project control teams within the Borlänga factory Program.
About the team:
You will be an integral part of the Program Team and work closely with individual Project, Engineering and Procurement teams across the Program.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Work within the PMO project controls team
· Provide overall project cost control, cost planning, progress measurement, and change management
· Review and report project cost with ongoing project analysis, forecasting, budgeting and change management
· Control project cost outcomes by recommending and deploying management interventions
· Develop cost data to support risk and opportunity assessments, Project funding, Project reviews, and ad hoc requests.
· Work with Northvolt central team to improve project control procedures and processes for future factories.
The person we are looking for is flexible, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story and see the results of your work. Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a sense of humour.
The role is primarily based in Borlänge and it is expected that the majority of your time will be at site, however being based in Stockholm is an option.
· BSc/MSc in relevant degree
· Minimum 5 years experience in cost/project control on large, complex engineering projects
· Excellent communication & presentation skills
· Analytical skills
· Proficient in MS suite, Power Bi and applicable project control software
· Passion and enthusiasm for project delivery
· Fluent in English
Bonus points for:
· You are a team player, that loves to be in an international environment where good relationships and stakeholder management is key to achieve results
· You are highly organized and result-driven
· You act proactively and have a can-do attitude that goes beyond expectations
· Experience developing/using digital tools in a project controls context
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.