Our client is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions. is looking for a Java Developer – Core Enrichment Services. You would be part of the Instrument and Price Ref Data team and work on improving bank’s internal systems, which are core and critical for the bank’s day to day operations.
You will be:
- Performing, designing and developing activities on business enabling, regulatory, audit and infrastructure improvement driven initiatives in an Agile change delivery model
- Working on various technology upgrade initiatives, removing vulnerabilities and improving security by integrating with an enterprise security vault (CyberArk) and making sure the applications work on latest versions of Redhat
- Performing technical analysis, design and implementation of enhancements to Master Data Management systems
- Providing. estimate, and report progress and issues on development work to management
- Liasing with business users to achieve clarity on requirements and ensure that proposed solutions properly address these requirements
- Delivering Code and Unit Test cases of the solution
- Undertaking third line support tasks as required when production issues are escalated
- Applying design & system architecture skills to ensure continual improvements in performance and stability of core Instrument and Price systems
- Innovating, introducing and adopting best practices in software development, while taking risk and time to market into account
- Communicating efficiently, ensuring that information is shared with other team members and wider team (e.g. via Confluence/wiki, knowledge sharing sessions, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
- Technology enthusiast
- Extensive knowledge of Java
- Willingness to learn technologies such as:
- JMS, JDBC, XML, JSON, WebServices (SOAP and REST)
- Messaging and Middleware development, specifically Kafka, Solace, Tibco-RV, MQ
- SQL development specifically around Relational databases (MS SQL Server)
- Enterprise level Distributed Caching (ElastiCache and Gridgain)
- OpenShift, AWS and Docker implementations o BigData using Hadoop, HBase, and Solr o Perl/Shell or similar scripting language
- Experience in Agile/Lean development and familiarity with DevOps and Test Driven development concepts
- English fluency and ability to communicate in an international environment, because our team spans multiple geographical locations
What do we offer?
…to be the one shaping technology future in banking, you will stay at the top of the technological game with us.
Does it sound tempting? Do not hesitate and share your CV with us!