Are you ready for the next step in your career? Do you want a role where your GIS expertise is truly recognized and you get to take on real responsibility?
Sword Services Greece S.A. (Athens) is looking for an Earth Observations/Image Specialist! You have an amazing opportunity to work in a multinational fast-paced environment, in an IT company, offering services to most of the European Commission Institutions and European Agencies through multi-year contracts.
You will have the chance to join the newly established GIS team in Athens, to work closely with other competent GIS professionals from other countries and to contribute with your knowledge and experience in the implementation of highly visible and critical GIS projects of the European Union.
You need to have a demonstrated track record of working as an analyst in GIS related projects, undertaking spatial analysis tasks, design solutions with GIS technologies and use of GIS tools through relevant workplace experience.
What you will do...
- Earth observation image processing : processing of earth observation image data (satellite or aerial images), extraction of discrete geometrical objects using existing pattern recognition and photogrammetry techniques, and extraction of characteristics of object through the analysis of the image radiometry.
- Geospatial data management : creating, collecting, updating, upgrading and enriching geospatial datasets as well as processing these data with dedicated IT tools. Capture, define and formalise new geospatial datasets. Check them against target specifications. Implement transformation and data cleansing processes. Compare and integrate various data sources to meet the requirements of the target product. Develop semi or fully automated processes, from data retrieval to dissemination to end users. Create documentation for both processes and products, including data structures as UML class diagrams and information on quality elements.
- Oral and written communication : drafting inventories of user requirements, technical specifications and other technical reports, papers and presentations, public speaking for training or user support, internal and external meetings and workshops.
What is your education and experience...
- University degree in Remote Sensing, Science, Geography, Cartography, Information Technology, Engineering, or related subject
- Professional experience related to Earth Observation
- Experience with one or more of the following earth observation tools (ENVI, ERDAS IMAGINE, GGE, SARSCAPE, IDL, Sentineal Toolbox, ORFEO)
- Good knowledge of earth observation operations such as data collection, processing, analysis, integration, transformation, quality assessment, dissemination and visualisation
- Knowledge of spatial analysis methodologies such as image processing, photogrammetry, pattern recognition, remote sensing data analysis, geomorphometry and risk assessment
- Knowledge of data science, data analytics and AI (e.g. machine learning) is desirable
- Knowledge of programming and scripting for automated earth observation process design, software development, software testing, software documentation, web service development is desirable
- Excellent oral and written use of the English language
- Organised and self-driven
- Attention to detail and strong sense of responsibility
- Creatively solve problems, think critically and present solutions in a clear and logical manner
- Proactive approach to communicating and sharing knowledge
- Proactively manage own tasks and projects to agreed deadlines
- Ability to work effectively & efficiently with various diverse work teams
- Time management skills
What we offer to you…
- Opportunity to work in some of the largest GIS projects of the European Commission
- The chance to continuously evolve as a professional, coupled with a variety of training opportunities
- Relevant career opportunities to get you where you want to be, with the technical knowledge you need
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Sword Services Greece wants you to have a balance between work and private life by offering flexible hours, days of home working, and an informal no-nonsense environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Benefits include ticket restaurant vouchers, personal insurance package, company car, etc.
Applications must be in the English language