The Customer Support organization consists of knowledgeable and specialized support teams that provide you with the support you can rely on to keep our customers procure-to-pay operations going and commerce flowing.
Basware Support has more than 200 Support Specialists organized in 1st, 2nd and 3rd line based in 10 locations. Our unit processes more than 12 000 tickets per month, from service requests to very complex issues, requiring deep knowledge regarding Basware products and services, combined with the business process understanding.
Customer Support provides professional help to our customers to manage operational and service issues that arise from using our services.
Customer Services draws on our collective expertise so that our customers realize the best possible business outcomes with Basware’s Networked Purchase-to-Pay solutions.
Leads and develops operations within their own domain. Drives their domain toward set goals, while collaborating and continuously aligning with stakeholders in the business. Builds strong internal but also external networks.
Leads the way, and helps employees strive for excellence, by highlighting successes and proven best practices. Builds capability for their domain to scale the operation to partners. Defines goals, and formulates appropriate metrics, and measures and reports the progress. Builds and maintains a roadmap for the domain. Recognizes relevant risks and takes and delegates appropriate action to mitigate them.
Maintains frequent bi-directional communication throughout the business unit or community, and to and from the customer base. Ensures that the needed supporting systems and technologies are in place, and that existing tools are being leveraged to their full potential
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Build and maintain a clear plan or roadmap for the support domain, linked to the company-level strategic focus and aligned with adjacent domains. Describe a vision and target state for the domain that inspires audiences on all organizational levels.
• Drive specific initiatives to advance their own domain, primarily short-term improvement plans but also with a strong presence in strategic programs.
• Interact frequently with the unit-level leadership – present their domain's agenda and collect feedback from the business.
• Meet and align regularly with relevant mid-level stakeholders in other functions such as Sales, Marketing, Products, HR and Business Control
• Lead virtual teams and communities within and outside their home business unit
• Frequently engage with colleagues to align objectives and roadmaps, to achieve balanced and effective business outcomes on a global scale
• Participate in customer conversations where appropriate, to introduce relevant areas of the domain and to collect first-hand feedback
• Monitor and report progress on monthly, quarterly and yearly level, using relevant metrics
• Regularly communicate progress and goals to internal audiences, using the appropriate channels
• Collect data and feedback from customers, customer-facing teams and supporting systems
• Lead continuous quality and process improvement projects/programs
Roles in key Basware Processes:
Skills and competences
• Capability to lead and motivate people, and achieve results in a matrix-type organization
• Good critical thinking skills and capability to objectively analyse facts to form judgements and influence decisions
• Strong presentation and communication skills in English, using adaptive approaches to successfully address and convince stakeholders at all organizational levels, from operational level to top management
• Persistence and patience to drive change in a challenging environment, dealing with diverse stakeholders having conflicting priorities and agendas
• Passion for success and an ambition for changing the game for Basware on a global scale
• Solid understanding of Basware’s strategy and key opportunities and challenges
• Experience in working in a customer-facing environment – either in Professional Services, Customer Support, or Advisory Services such as Customer Service Management, Business Consulting or Solution Architecture
• Strong experience in working in one or more positions within Basware Customer Support or Professional Services is strongly recommended
• Strategy and results driven
- Support Process
- Delivery process
- Digital Process
- Quality Management Process
- Steering and Decision Making Process
- Employee Life Cycle Management Process
We embrace a growth mindset.
We empower through accountability.
We dare to try.
We value every individual.
Basware is the global leader in providing networked purchase-to-pay solutions and innovative financing services. Basware’s commerce and financing network connects businesses in over 100 countries and territories around the globe. As the largest open business network in the world, Basware provides scale and reach for organizations of all sizes, enabling them to grow their business and unlock value across their operations by simplifying and streamlining financial processes. Small and large companies around the world achieve significant cost savings, more flexible payment terms, greater efficiencies and closer relationships with their suppliers.
Joining Basware means you’ll join a team filled with innovators, passionate about their work and enthusiastic about the purchase-to-pay industry we’ve pioneered. You’ll work alongside highly motivated, capable, and friendly individuals who collaborate to deliver world class solutions and services to hundreds of companies worldwide. A critical part of our culture is the high amount of trust we put into our employees—we want you to make a difference. So, we offer flexibility in how you work, giving you the freedom and support to deliver your best results. We truly live our values where our employees strive for excellence, put our customers first, lead the way, and inspire one another to build a winning team.
2020Recognized market leader with global operations, 20+ offices worldwide.
2019Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Procure-to-Pay Suites for fourth time
2014-2019Several industry recognitions and product launches
2012-2016Several acquisitions in the fields of e-invoicing, e-procurement and purchase-to-pay solutions
2012Launch of cloud-based B2B platform for transaction collaboration on Basware's Network
2006-2009Several acquisitions in the fields of invoice automation, data capture expertise and payment software
2005Launch of fully integrated Purchase-to-Pay solution suite
2000Basware listed on Helsinki Nasdaq, launch of purchase management software & e-invoicing service
1992Launch of first financial management software
1985Basware founded in Finland