We’re on the look-out for numerous Java developers to play a vital role in developing the future-state distributed, single page and transaction-based applications using Agile practices. You will work within a collaborative, agile scrum team to deliver working software from design to realization. You’ll be responsible for bringing technical design and business understanding together, ultimately ensuring that features are part of frequent, high-quality software deliveries.
We're looking for developers who want to join a client-focused team. For us, it’s not just about having the right software development background, you need to be pragmatic, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed.
You should be comfortable with detail and complexity, proactively focused on pursuing new ways of implementing product solutions to business defined requirements. Naturally, this position requires strong communication skills, plus both business and technical focus.
· Minimum of 3+ years continuous experience as a Java Developer.
· Good knowledge of Spring Boot (MVC/Spring Boot/Security).
· Proven familiarity with the concepts and the implications of containerization and enterprise Kubernetes, and the impacts on application development and deployment (e.g. stateless, “cloud-ready”, immutability, etc.)
· Modern Identity and Access Management standards (specifically OAuth2/OpenID Connect)
· Proven familiarity of API architecture models and application integration patterns
· Experienced with building framework for modern transactional and data processing applications.
· Be able to demonstrate core Java skills in a technical interview.
· Experience with ORM frameworks like JPA, hibernate and messaging tools like Apache Kafka, ActiveMQ etc.
· Good knowledge of build tools like maven/Gradle
· Experience with troubleshooting and fixing performance issues. Familiarity with monitoring tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics etc.
· Enterprise Architecture principles and application (including the creation of architectural diagrams and outputs)
· Developing the modernization of “monolithic” applications towards stateless, decoupled, RESTful, API-driven models.
· Understanding of and experience with Microservices Architecture and emerging patterns such as APIs, JAX-RS, REST/JSON
· Understanding of Agile systems development techniques and source control, utilizing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD), Git tooling, processes & Java Frameworks.
· Experience in working in an Agile environment (Scrum/TDD).
· Excellent communication skills in English, with the ability to explain complicated processes and concepts to non-expert.
· Engagement with various stakeholders for tasks such as the definition of, and steering toward agreement on, technical aspects of a proposed IT architecture
· Well-organised, analytical, detail-oriented, persistent, process-focused individual.
· Profound knowledge of SQL (writing Stored Procedures, complex SQL queries, performance-tuning).
· Knowledge of and experienced in DevOps-practices.
· Experience working in Financial Services.
25 days annual leave
Tax saver travel ticket
Bike to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
At Sogeti, we know how to create value with technology- it’s our passion. We work closely with clients and partners to take full advantage of the opportunities of technology. We mobilize expert teams that create custom solutions from existing and emerging technology. Our value is in our approach, characterized by the speed with which we deliver specialist solutions in digital assurance and testing, data & analytics, digital & development, cybersecurity and life sciences.
Disruption is the norm in today’s digital and business environment. How quickly companies respond to change determines their future success – and their ability to realize rapid value from existing and future technology is crucial to this. At Sogeti, we collaborate across a global network to build innovations that push boundaries. But it’s the way we work with clients that sets us apart. Our client model means we can be hands-on from day one, getting to know our customers and their businesses intimately.
We embrace the value of diversity within Sogeti and the entrepreneurial spirit of our people. If you’re looking to join a company with a proven track record of success and that deeply values its people, Sogeti Ireland offers the opportunity for you to grow and advance.
Sogeti Ireland- where people matter and results count.