Textile Engineer at Pierce AB
Here is a chance to be part of a fast growing and dynamic European e-tail company!
Pierce AB is one of Europe's leading and most successful e-tailer for motorbike and snowmobile riders. We have three web stores, 24MX, XLMOTO and Sledstore.
The company is growing rapidly and is listed on Nasdaq. With more than 400 people, we sell across 18 European markets and manages suppliers around the globe. Come and join us!
We are now looking to strengthen our Quality Team with one more Textile Engineer to support our Private Brands in Stockholm, Sweden. As a Textile Engineer at Pierce, you will make sure that the finished product and that the technical specifications are up to speed, secure that all the relevant testing standards are followed and approve all new product quality inspections.
In this role you will be working with our Softline products.
You will be reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager
Key Responsibilities include
• Supporting the Category Managers in development of the Private brand products by adding expertise in material composition, product functionality and quality requirements
• Partner with the Project leader on new product development planning documents, update technical documentation in compliance to all relevant EU regulations, including
CE marked products and to update when laws and standards are adjusted
• Review and comment on development samples
• Maintain a direct and accurate dialogue with the supplier throughout the new product development process
• Responsible for the technical content of product specifications in the defined own branded product groups. Review and approve design inputs, labelling, design outputs and validation reports.
• Responsible for risk analysis of private brand’s product segment and to ensure stable quality of defined own-branded product groups according to the process and relevant stakeholders.
• Support the root cause analysis of quality issues, customer feedback and product related claims and support suppliers in all compliance related issues
The Successful Applicant
To succeed in this role we believe that you have worked as a textile engineer for at least three years. Have a university degree as a Textile engineer or a degree in Product Development, or similar. If you ride a motorbike, it’s a big plus!
• Experienced in quality management and/or product development, creating product specifications and evaluating product quality
• Knowable about CE norms for garments
• Knowable about fabrics and garment fitting
• Strong professional integrity and ethics in relation to suppliers
• Experience working in an international environment
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, self-organized, structured and able to prioritise and keep focused
• Excellent team player, work cross functionally with good communication skills
• Fluent in English
• Stress resistant
What we offer
• A fun place to work
• Being part of an international and multi-cultural team
• A chance to make a difference
• Working in a fast-paced environment
• Diverse working days, high and low
This is a full-time position. Apply by latest 12 of May
Send e-mail to [email protected]
International work atmosphere & amazing teamwork
After Work activities
Company sponsored sports events
Discount on company products
Opportunities for personal and professional growth
Pierce is a leading and fast-growing e-commerce company selling gear, spare parts, accessories and streetwear to over 1.1 Million active riders across all of Europe through the online stores 24MX, XLMOTO and Sledstore via some forty websites adapted to the local markets. Pierce has two major segments targeting two different customer groups, Offroad – sales to motocross and enduro riders, and Onroad – sales to riders on paved roads and tracks. With a large and unique product assortment, including a number of its own brands, an excellent customer experience and attractive prices, Pierce is changing the motorcycle enthusiast market in Europe.
The headquarter is located in Stockholm, Sweden, the central warehouse is located in Szczecin, Poland, and the customer support is located in Barcelona, Spain. During 2020 Pierce had around 400 employees and net revenues exceeding SEK 1.5bn (€150MM). Pierce also hosts a very active social media community with over 1.3 million followers.
During 2020 Pierce was selected as one of ‘Sweden’s Best Managed Companies’ by Deloitte in partnership with Nasdaq and was recognized as a 'D-Award' finalist as a top-3 e-commerce player in Sweden. During 2021, Pierce concluded an IPO and listed its shares on Nasdaq Stockholm's main market.
It started with a passion for our sport, was driven by the enthusiasm of our staff and we still dare to reach out for more with love and dedication for our customers.
Join us on our quest to become the most admired retailer within the motorcycle industry and shape the way motor enthusiasts shop by offering a state-of-the-art online shopping experience built on passion, professionalism, and a good dose of rebellious spirit.
We are passionate about riding motorcycles and have an exciting program for employees who want to learn to ride or get more involved in motorsport. But non-riders are also very welcome to join of course.
2005All started in a garage with two MX enthusiasts who wanted to change the shopping experience for their follow petrolheads.
2009Pierce AB began with the launch of 24MX by 4 employees. Initial focus was on selling parts and equipment to the Motocross world.
2013XLMOTO launched with a special focus on onroad motorcycle equipment. At this point a European wide presence was already built with the focus on bigger markets.
2013SledStore went live with pow passion and endless trails. SledStore is a Mecca for the Nordic snowmobile fanatics.
2016Our own European distribution center, PDC, opened their gates and storage racks to offer our customers an even bigger range, quicker deliveries and excellent service. Over time it's grown to almost 40,000 SQM - the size of six football pitches.
2018Pierce announced the acquisition of MotoBuykers, a Spanish e-commerce motorcycle player, to strengthen its footprint in southern Europe.
2019Pierce opened up for sales outside Europe on our global sites 24mx.com and xlmoto.com
2020Pierce was recognized as one of the three best eCommerce companies in Sweden with the nomination as 'D-Award' finalist.
2020Pierce rolled out a new state-of-the-art ecommerce platform to further strengthen the customer experience
2020Pierce received the Sweden’s Best Managed Companies recognition, sponsored by Deloitte in cooperation with Nasdaq
2021Pierce completed an IPO and listed its shares on Nasdaq Stockholm's main market.
TodayWe have a local presence in 17 European markets with 400 employees, 5 offices in Sweden (Stockholm and Åre), Spain (Barcelona), and Poland (Szczecin).