As part of Hydrovolt, you will join an exciting industrial start-up with strong owners and high ambitions. The European battery industry is on the rise and Norway is one of the key markets with its world leading share of electric vehicles. In 2022 Hydrovolt open the first recycling facility in Europe which will raise the bar and change the battery recycling industry forever. We now seek to build a world class team of people who is inspired by change, innovation, and circularity.
As Chief Operating Officer you will develop and expand our overall operation activities. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business. The COO role is a key member of the management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth and develop new technology solutions.
You will have an important role in the development of the company and be given the opportunity to join a start-up team in one of the most exciting and fast growing industries today.
The role is a part of our management team in Oslo, Norway.
By joining us, you will be a key player building our operation and develop the battery recycling industry.
About the job and key responsibilities
· Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
· Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
· Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
· Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.).
· Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
· Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
· Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance.
· Assist CEO and CFO in fundraising ventures.
· Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.).
· Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
· Manage and participate in R&D and technical activities together with the technical team.
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You thrive by leading others and work towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
We believe that you have :
Bonus points for:
The world needs clean batteries and we need a plan for what to do with them end-of life. We need to recover the materials and use them in new batteries or other products – and not produce waste.
The Swedish battery making company Northvolt, and the energy and aluminium company Hydro from Norway have now come together to create the joint venture Hydrovolt, which is building Europe’s largest electric car battery recycling facility in Fredrikstad, Norway. The battery recycling plant is situated just next to and will work hand in glove with Batteriretur, the company that collects used batteries in Norway.