Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is seeking candidates with a passion for teaching and a strong background in technology and/or entrepreneurship for a one-year assignment teaching and mentoring talented African entrepreneurs in full stack application development.
This is a full-time 12-month contract position. Teaching Fellows are expected to be in-person at our MEST campus in Accra, Ghana.
WORKING WITH US
One of our greatest assets is our diversity and we are bound by shared values, committed to our mission and proud to be a leading tech entrepreneurial school on the continent.
MEST gives you the opportunity to pursue rewarding and challenging work with skilled and supportive colleagues, learning and development opportunities, benefits that have the flexibility to meet your needs and are fair. Our competitive compensation rewards you for your work. Working at MEST is about bringing out the best in people.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, which includes an attractive gross salary based on experience and competencies, comprehensive medical coverage, hot meals and annual leave.
Interested candidates should be:
● Highly experienced in full stack development with a good portfolio of past projects.
● Capable of and able to teach the development of front end website architecture and design of user interactions on web pages.
● Experienced in developing back end website applications and in creating servers and databases (SQL, noSQL) for functionality.
● Knowledgeable of systems architecture, DevOPs and cloud infrastructure design and deployment (AWS, Azure etc.).
● Experienced in cross-platform optimization for mobile phones. Ensure responsiveness of applications.
● Adept in being able to teach the Design and development of APIs.
● Skilful in the current trends in web applications and programming languages.
● Competent in design thinking and the use of ‘user centered design’ methods in product development.
● Proficient in managing software projects and teams using project management tools. Understand Agile principles and be experienced in using them to manage projects.
● Able to adopt new tools and frameworks quickly in order to help teams to use them.
● Adept in public speaking, teaching, and mentorship in software engineering or related subjects.
● Skillful with entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship and must have built successful
● Experienced in working in multicultural and diverse teams and familiar with the
challenges/opportunities in African countries.
● To design, develop and execute the curriculum and lesson plans on full stack
● Grade and evaluate technical deliverables.
● To mentor individuals and project teams.
● To lead projects within the curriculum.
● Have a passion for excellence, creativity, innovation, teaching and learning
● An excellent facilitator and speaker
● Team player, effective in a Collaborative Work Environment
● A Coach, able to bring out the best in others
● A learning mindset
● A problem solver and solution-oriented
Mulighet til å gå videre til lederstillinger
En dynamisk og morsom arbeidskultur
Allsidige og utviklende oppgaver
God work/life balance
Morsomme sosiale arrangementer
Meltwater Group er et privateid selskap etablert i Oslo i 2001. Siden etableringen har vi vokst til over 2000 ansatte fordelt på over 60 kontorer i 27 land, og har i dag hovedkontor i Silicon Valley.
Vår visjon er å utfordre eksisterende aktører og forretningsmodeller i vekstmarkeder med innovativ teknologi. Meltwaters tjenester bygger på at vi hjelper våre kunder med å ta velinformerte beslutninger gjennom å skille ut og analysere forretningskritisk informasjon fra den enorme mengde data beslutningstakere må forholde seg til i dag.
Fra dag én har vår suksess kommet fra våre ambisiøse og karismatiske medarbeidere. Som gründer Jørn Lyseggen sier: "Fokuset og investeringen i ekstraordinære mennesker har vært nøkkelen til Meltwaters internasjonale suksess."
Bergen +1 more