Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is seeking candidates with a passion for teaching and a strong background in technology and/or entrepreneurship for a one-year assignment teaching and mentoring talented African entrepreneurs in mobile application development.
This is a full-time 12-month contract position. Teaching Fellows are expected to be in-person at our MEST campus in Accra, Ghana.
These individuals will contribute to creating a culture of excellence in a supportive environment that promotes the success of our entrepreneurs-in-training and drives the reputation of MEST as a world-class entrepreneurship training program institution. Classes start in August 2022 in Accra, candidate would be required to land in Ghana early August.
WORKING WITH US
One of our greatest assets is our diversity and we are bound by shared values, committed to our mission and proud to be a leading tech entrepreneurial school on the continent.
MEST gives you the opportunity to pursue rewarding and challenging work with skilled and supportive colleagues, learning and development opportunities, benefits that have the flexibility to meet your needs and are fair. Our competitive compensation rewards you for your work. Working at the MEST is about bringing out the best in people.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, which includes an attractive gross salary based on experience and competencies, comprehensive medical coverage, hot meals and annual leave.
● Design, develop and execute the curriculum and lesson plans for the subject area.
● Mentor individuals and project teams.
● Lead projects within the curriculum.
● Meet required standards for teaching and mentoring as defined within the overall
curriculum implementation plan and KPIs.
● Adept in Android, IOS and Native Web Apps and have a portfolio of released applications on the Apple Store or GooglePlay Store market to demonstrate this.
● Experienced with mobile application development frameworks like Flutter and React Native with in-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java.
● Skilled in third-party libraries and APIs and familiar with OOP design principles.
● Experienced and understand developing through the entire application lifecycle
(concept, design, test, release and support)
● A fully functional mobile application expert and write clean code. Know how to design interfaces to improve user experience.
● Experienced with writing unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions and should be able to troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance.
● Knowledgeable in the mobile phone architecture and how to develop applications that use mobile phone features like the camera and the gyroscope.
● Familiar with and experienced in developing and using APIs and must have enough
understanding of backend frameworks, technologies, methods and tools to integrate
mobile apps backend applications.
● Competent in and able to teach code management tools and methods e.g. use of github for code version control and collaboration.
● Proficient in gathering specific requirements and suggest solutions.
● Knowledgeable and experienced with design thinking and agile methods for product development.
● Able to interpret mobile interface analytics to understand user struggles and drop off points and use such data to create designs that improve user experience.
● Adept in managing software projects and teams using project management tools.
Understand Agile principles and be experienced in using them to manage projects.
● Able to adopt new tools and frameworks quickly in order to help teams using them.
● A passionate and confident speaker, teacher, coach and mentor in entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship.
● Experienced working in multicultural and diverse teams and familiar with the
challenges/opportunities in African countries.
● Have a passion for excellence, creativity, innovation, teaching and learning
● An excellent facilitator and speaker
● Team player, effective in a Collaborative Work Environment
● A Coach, able to bring out the best in others
● A learning mindset
● A problem solver and solution-oriented
Carol Ann Funkhouser
MEST is an Africa-wide technology entrepreneur training program, internal seed fund, and network of hubs offering incubation for technology startups in Africa. Founded in Ghana in 2008, MEST provides critical skills training, funding, and support in software development, business, and communications to Africa’s tech entrepreneurs. Hubs are located in Accra, Ghana; Lagos, Nigeria; Cape Town, South Africa; and Nairobi, Kenya. MEST is funded by the Meltwater Foundation, the non-profit arm of Meltwater, a global leader in media intelligence and Outside Insight.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2KBm9Ei
And “EEO is the Law Supplement” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2Kmxnxd
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.
Boston +2 more