Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is seeking candidates with a passion for teaching and a strong background in technology and/or entrepreneurship for a one-year assignment teaching and mentoring talented African entrepreneurs in full stack application development.
This is a full-time 12-month contract position. Teaching Fellows are expected to be in-person at our MEST campus in Accra, Ghana.
These individuals will contribute to creating a culture of excellence in a supportive environment that promotes the success of our entrepreneurs-in-training and drives the reputation of MEST as a world-class entrepreneurship training program institution. Classes start in August 2022 in Accra, candidate would be required to land in Ghana early August.
WORKING WITH US
One of our greatest assets is our diversity and we are bound by shared values, committed to our mission and proud to be a leading tech entrepreneurial school on the continent.
MEST gives you the opportunity to pursue rewarding and challenging work with skilled and supportive colleagues, learning and development opportunities, benefits that have the flexibility to meet your needs and are fair. Our competitive compensation rewards you for your work. Working at the MEST is about bringing out the best in people.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, which includes an attractive gross salary based on experience and competencies, comprehensive medical coverage, hot meals and annual leave.
● Design, develop and execute the curriculum and lesson plans for the subject area.
● Mentor individuals and project teams.
● Lead projects within the curriculum.
● Meet required standards for teaching and mentoring as defined within the overall
curriculum implementation plan and KPIs.
● Highly experienced in full stack development with a good portfolio of past projects.
● Capable of and able to teach the development of front end website architecture and design of user interactions on web pages.
● Experienced in developing back end website applications and in creating servers and databases (SQL, noSQL) for functionality.
● Knowledgeable of systems architecture, DevOPs and cloud infrastructure design and deployment (AWS, Azure etc.).
● Experienced in cross-platform optimization for mobile phones. Ensure responsiveness of applications.
● Adept in being able to teach the Design and development of APIs.
● Skilful in the current trends in web applications and programming languages.
● Competent in design thinking and the use of ‘user centered design’ methods in product development.
● Proficient in managing software projects and teams using project management tools. Understand Agile principles and be experienced in using them to manage projects.
● Able to adopt new tools and frameworks quickly in order to help teams to use them.
● Adept in public speaking, teaching, and mentorship in software engineering or related subjects.
● Skillful with entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship and must have built successful
● Experienced in working in multicultural and diverse teams and familiar with the
challenges/opportunities in African countries.
● Have a passion for excellence, creativity, innovation, teaching and learning
● An excellent facilitator and speaker
● Team player, effective in a Collaborative Work Environment
● A Coach, able to bring out the best in others
● A learning mindset
● A problem solver and solution-oriented
Carol Ann Funkhouser
MEST is an Africa-wide technology entrepreneur training program, internal seed fund, and network of hubs offering incubation for technology startups in Africa. Founded in Ghana in 2008, MEST provides critical skills training, funding, and support in software development, business, and communications to Africa’s tech entrepreneurs. Hubs are located in Accra, Ghana; Lagos, Nigeria; Cape Town, South Africa; and Nairobi, Kenya. MEST is funded by the Meltwater Foundation, the non-profit arm of Meltwater, a global leader in media intelligence and Outside Insight.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2KBm9Ei
And “EEO is the Law Supplement” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2Kmxnxd
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.
Boston +2 more