Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is seeking passionate individuals who will be involved with teaching and mentoring entrepreneurs-in-training in marketing and communication so that they can begin building a scalable technology company at the end of the program.
This is a full-time 12-month contract position. Teaching Fellows are expected to be in-person at our MEST campus in Accra, Ghana.
These individuals will contribute to creating a culture of excellence in a supportive environment that promotes the success of our entrepreneurs-in-training and drives the reputation of MEST as a world-class entrepreneurship training program institution. Classes start in August 2022 in Accra, candidate would be required to land in Ghana early August.
WORKING WITH US
One of our greatest assets is our diversity and we are bound by shared values, committed to our mission and proud to be a leading tech entrepreneurial school on the continent.
MEST gives you the opportunity to pursue rewarding and challenging work with skilled and supportive colleagues, learning and development opportunities, benefits that have the flexibility to meet your needs and are fair. Our competitive compensation rewards you for your work. Working at the MEST is about bringing out the best in people.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, which includes an attractive gross salary based on experience and competencies, comprehensive medical coverage, hot meals and annual leave.
● To design, develop and execute lesson plans for the subject area.
● To mentor individuals and project teams.
● To lead projects within the curriculum.
● To meet required standards for teaching and mentoring as defined within the overall curriculum implementation plan and KPIs.
● Demonstrated knowledge and professional experience in marketing and
communications especially in branding, content creation, management and audience engagement
● Skillful in social media and other online channels. Adept with offline channels as well. Understands how to measure and manage engagement in different media and channels.
● Experience with content creation (email, video, images and web) and understands
methods to target and engage different audiences. Understands the use of content plans and is hands on with the various tools used for content creation and management.
● Passionate and confident speaker, teacher, coach and mentor in entrepreneurship and business subjects
● Versed in internal and external communication. Understands and is able to teach and coach on the concepts of personal branding.
● Experienced with managing events, pitch days, guest lectures and other events including those requiring online streaming and production. Able to manage production crews.
● Significant experience with entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship
● Experience working in multicultural and diverse teams and familiarity with the
challenges/opportunities in African countries.
● Have a passion for excellence, creativity, innovation, teaching and learning
● An excellent facilitator and speaker
● Team player, effective in a Collaborative Work Environment
● A Coach, able to bring out the best in others
● A learning mindset
● A problem solver, solution orientation
Carol Ann Funkhouser
MEST is an Africa-wide technology entrepreneur training program, internal seed fund, and network of hubs offering incubation for technology startups in Africa. Founded in Ghana in 2008, MEST provides critical skills training, funding, and support in software development, business, and communications to Africa’s tech entrepreneurs. Hubs are located in Accra, Ghana; Lagos, Nigeria; Cape Town, South Africa; and Nairobi, Kenya. MEST is funded by the Meltwater Foundation, the non-profit arm of Meltwater, a global leader in media intelligence and Outside Insight.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2KBm9Ei
And “EEO is the Law Supplement” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2Kmxnxd
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.
Boston +2 more