Aurora aims to become a stepping stone for the development of an integrated lithium-battery value-chain. With the main goal of establishing Europe’s largest and most sustainable integrated lithium conversion plant, Galp and Northvolt have joint forces in this venture. We are looking for a Process Engineer - Hydrometallurgical with experience in Lithium conversion, with problem solving and entrepreneurial attitude, and critical thinking skills to have an active role in the development of this project. We offer building a new business from scratch, participating in the development of the EU Battery Value Chain, developing skills in an emerging industry, and being part of an energetic, entrepreneurial and high skilled team that does not understand the sentence “it is not possible"
The Battery Value Chain Team is looking for a Hydrometallurgical Process Engineer. Be part of the creation of a new business for Aurora (Galp & Northvolt JV) in the exponentially growing battery industry
Key responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
• Lead the design & development of the back-end Li refining process flowsheet from leaching to lithium product packaging
- Precipitation processes
- Crystallization processes
• Support the construction, commissioning and start-up of hydrometallurgical section of Li refinery
• Evaluate, select, and optimize process techniques, technology options for flowsheet
• Responsible to engage and discuss with equipment vendors, engineering companies
• Challenge Eng. Company proposed methodologies, assumptions, etc
• >6 years of experience in Li refining and processing, with hands-on experience in building, testing, and commissioning leaching & hydrometallurgy facilities
• Experience in chemical processes (e.g. precipitation, crystallization)
• Experience in industrial plants operation
• Experience in refining processes flowsheets (specially lithium refining)
• Experience in investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations in refining projects
• Critical thinking and problem-solving attitude
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Degree in chemical engineering
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.