Aurora aims to become a stepping stone for the development of an integrated lithium-battery value-chain. With the main goal of establishing Europe’s largest and most sustainable integrated lithium conversion plant, Galp and Northvolt have joint forces in this venture. We are looking for a Process Engineer - Pyrometallurgical with experience in Lithium conversion, with problem solving and entrepreneurial attitude, and critical thinking skills to have an active role in the development of this project. We offer building a new business from scratch, participating in the development of the EU Battery Value Chain, developing skills in an emerging industry, and being part of an energetic, entrepreneurial and high skilled team that does not understand the sentence “it is not possible"
The Battery Value Chain Team is looking for a Pyrometallurgical Process engineer. Be part of the creation of a new business for Aurora (Galp & Northvolt JV) in the exponentially growing battery industry.
Key responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
• Lead the design & development of refining process flowsheet front-end (calcination and leaching)
• Support the construction, commissioning and start-up of pyrometallurgical section of Li refinery
• Evaluate alternative fuel sources for the calcination step, analyse technology development readiness and benchmark it, including risk analysis
• Assess the optimal dimension for the calcination rotary kiln to improve Li refinery plant economics
• Manage and support R&D activities being done regarding innovative and sustainable techniques for the calcination process (e.g. hybrid calcination, hydrogen blending with natural gas)
• Responsible for future operation of the plant front-end
• Challenge Eng. Company proposed methodologies, assumptions, etc
• >10 years of experience in rotary kilns design and operation
• >6 years of experience in Li refining and processing, with hands-on experience in building, testing, and commissioning calcination facilities
• Experience in industrial plants operation
• Experience in investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations in refining projects
• Critical thinking and problem-solving attitude
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Degree in chemical engineering
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.