Northvolt has an exciting job offer for an experienced cathode engineer to join our stellar/bold/passionate team in Västerås.
As an expert of cathode active material, you will work for developing CAM for EV batteries. The development of cathode active materials requires passionate action and a creative approach. You should have experience in designing cathode active material and be familiar with evaluating lithium-ion batteries. The works will be carried out with the consultation of senior engineers.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Active material evaluation in its physicochemical aspects including PSA, Re-Li, BET, TD, PD, KF, DSC, XRD, SEM in collaboration with QC lab.
- Basic Slurry mixing and evaluation: acquiring basic mixing information for successful cathode slurry coating.
- Basic electrode fabrication and evaluation such as electrolyte soaking, spring back, and adhesion test.
- Basic cell fabrication and evaluation: especially coin cell fabrication and evaluation will be essential, it should be followed up and summarized by cathode engineers.
- Electrochemical tests including EIS, Li plating, rate capability, cyclability, high temperature, and low-temperature characteristics: data organization and analysis will be very important part since it will give a clue to a selection of material and also the direction of improvement.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal-oriented, curious, and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and natural talent to make things happen. The electrolyte engineer is a vital member of the cell design team and a key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full-time employment, fixed salary.
The planned starting date is asap.
Experiences in Active material evaluation
Curious, technically educated, and with a strong business background
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.