1. Your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. These are the right to ask us
for a copy of your personal data collected during the recruitment process,
to rectify or update your personal data
to cease the processing of your personal data, and
to erase your personal data or stop using it for certain purposes.
Under certain circumstances, you may also have the right to request data portability of your personal data in order to transmit the data to another data controller. This means that you have the right to receive your personal data on a commonly used machine readable format.
Simply email [email protected] if you want to exercise any of your rights above or if you have any other questions about your privacy or your rights. We hope that we can answer any questions that you may have and will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time upon verification of your identity. Should you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to file a complaint with the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (IMY).
2. What personal data do we collect from you?
When you apply for a job at Mentimeter, we collect the following information:
Contact information and background details – Your full name, email address, postal address, phone number, city and country of residence, CV or resume, including cover letter, academic qualifications, work experience, transcripts, and/or similar information provided.
Demographic information – Gender identity and date of birth.
Reference information [and, if applicable, information received from background checks].
Interview information – Details from interviews and outcomes of any recruiting exercise you complete, including personality/reasoning ability tests.
Employment information – Information about the type of employment you are looking for or may be interested in, including current and required compensation, benefits and other job preferences.
Publicly available information – Profile information, academic qualifications and work experience from publicly available sources relevant for the recruitment process, e.g. your LinkedIn profile.
3. For what purposes do we use your personal data?
We will use the information we collect about you to communicate with you throughout the recruitment process, to update and keep your contact information, CV and/or other information up to date and accurate, to assess your qualifications, skills, and suitability, to consider you for, and inform you about, other job opportunities (always with your consent if required by applicable laws), to verify the provided information and carry out reference checks, to prepare your employment agreement if you are offered a job at Mentimeter, to assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit (if requested by you) and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
In addition, we process your information (on an aggregated basis) to perform analysis in order to understand, maintain and improve our recruitment process.
4. Sharing and transfer of personal data
We may share your personal data to third party service providers such as recruiting firms and providers of recruiting software in the ordinary course of the recruitment process.
Where personal data collected within the European Union, UK and Switzerland is transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside of these areas, we will ensure that the transfer of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws and, in particular, that appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational measures are in place such as the Standard Contractual Clauses or any other appropriate measures approved by the EU Commission. You may obtain more details of the protection given to personal data when it is transferred outside the aforementioned areas by contacting us.
5. Data retention and deletion If you are successful in your job application, the information we collect about you during the recruitment process will become a part of your employment record and retained in accordance with our privacy policies for employee data.
If your application is unsuccessful, we retain your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes related to the recruitment process. We may also, with your consent if required by applicable laws, retain your personal data for as long as allowed under applicable laws in order to consider you for future job opportunities at Mentimeter.
6. What legal basis we have for processing your information We collect and process information about you as necessary for our legitimate interest to assess fit for employment at Mentimeter and, if appropriate, enter into a contract of employment with you, and also to understand, maintain and improve our recruitment process. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. In such a case, we may be entitled to continue to process your personal data if we can demonstrate a compelling legitimate interest to continue the processing operation. We may also seek your consent to process your personal data for specific reasons where necessary to comply with applicable laws. You have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us.
7. Contact us